Responsible for the analysis, specification, design, coding, configuration, testing and documentation of new applications, interfaces and reports in accordance with kompany development standards and processes. Also, responsible for support and maintenance of existing applications and interfaces, working with colleagues, third parties and internal stakeholders.
- High-level design, data modelling, coding, configuration, testing, and documentation of applications and reports to meet defined product needs.
- Operational support and resolve technical issues where appropriate, managing and prioritising the operational issues queues as required.
- End-to-end management of small-scale product delivery and maintenance releases.
- Liaise with local data providers in different countries and implement the interface to the company’s core systems.
- 2nd and 3rd level support.
- Provide input and decisions at all stages of a project’s lifecycle, covering inception, design, implementation and support.
- Provide advice, guidance and assistance to colleagues as required.
- Ensure that systems development projects take full account of existing systems and infrastructure, guaranteeing full integration where necessary.
- Manage and lead a team of developers as required for specific projects.
- Technical key account management.
- Attend (unaccompanied or with management) industry meetings and conventions in order to create a solid network of partners and obtain first-hand information.
This role is reporting to the CTO & Senior Developer.
- Strong knowledge of data structures, client-server architecture, parallel computing.
- Strong knowledge of usability and accessibility best practices, specifically W3C.
- Knowledge of the principles, methods and techniques for delivering quality solutions.
- 3+ years of demonstrated technical experience in development roles: individually, as part of a team and in a leading position.
- Proven track record of delivering software to required quality and within agreed time constraints
- Significant experience of providing operational support.
- Experience in Continuous Integration and Delivery, API integration, API development including Restful and SOAP APIs, API maintenance, web crawling, web scraping and cloud computing.
- Experience in one or more of the following technology areas and used frameworks is a big plus: Jenkins, Drupal 7, Symfony, Phalcon PHP, Node.js, PhantomJS, MongoDB.
- Good at problem solving and devising inventive and creative solutions.
- Good at making decisions at the appropriate time.
- Takes a structured approach to own work.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to explain complex matters simply.
- Analytical ability and attention to detail.
- Good at reporting the progress of an activity against plan.
- Good planning, testing and estimating skills.
- Good at applying the methods and techniques for holding structured reviews.
- Skilled at establishing and maintaining relationships with people from a wide variety of backgrounds.
- Excellent written and spoken English is a must, German is a great plus.
You can expect an exciting environment where work is not just work, inside a great team with hands-on mentality. The minimum annual salary, according to the applicable collective bargaining agreement, starts at EUR 35.800. The actual remuneration and overall package is subject to your experience and qualifications.
This role is based in Vienna, Austria.